It’s a big decision! Many students put off study because they are afraid of making the wrong decision about which qualification to enrol in. Yes, you are going to be investing in your future, so you need to get it right.
Try to narrow this down to help make the decision easier. Ask yourself some simple honest questions:
- Where would you like to be in 5 years’ time?
- Will you still be happy living the life you are living now?
- Do you want to get into the housing market?
- Would you like to own a better car?
- Would you like a job where you get to travel?
- Can you see yourself as a manager?
- What are you good at?
- What is your previous experience?
- Have you done something you particularly enjoyed or equally as important – really disliked?
- Have you previously completed a course or qualification?
- Can you use this to further your learning?
- What are you passionate about?
- What can you achieve by gaining this qualification
- What do you really want to do?
Learning as an adult is very different to learning as a child. We are motivated and self-directed, we can apply life experience and knowledge to the learning and we know our learning will achieve goals, our learning is relevant to the qualification, adult learners are practical and can apply theory knowledge to hands on activities and adult learners are respected because we have a wealth of experience we can draw on and share.
There are so many more reasons to learn than there are not to learn. What are you waiting for?