From the 1st of January 2017 VET FEE-HELP will cease and VET Student Loans will commence. Click here to find out more.
- If you want to continue your course using a VET FEE-HELP loan you will need to check your emails for your Important information for current VET FEE-HELP students from the Department of Education and Training. Click here to find out more.
- In the Important information for current VET FEE-HELP students email you will need to access the online form within 10 days of receiving your email.
- Complete the form using the pass key number provided from your email/letter and your Date of Birth
- Check the prefilled details when you complete the form
- If your USI has not been pre-filled on the form please follow this link to retrieve it from the USI website https://www.usi.gov.au/faqs/i-have-forgotten-my-usi
- Press the submit button – you need to submit the form by your next census date
- The opt-in form will close on the 31 March 2017
- A confirmation email will be sent to you from the department which will confirm the opt-in process has been accepted
- Email this confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org so that you can continue to receive VET FEE‑HELP for the course you are undertaking
You may be eligible to opt-in to VET FEE-HELP in 2017.
- If so, please fill in the Enquiry Form under the I still need help heading below and select “Requesting passkey” in the “What is your question regarding?”
You will not receive an email or letter if:
- SSA is yet to advise the department you are a student with SSA; or
- your course of study commences after 31 December 2016.
If you do not complete the VET FEE-HELP opt-in process, you will not be eligible to access VET FEE-HELP assistance for future course fees with SSA.
If you have any queries or require assistance in completing the opt-in process please contact a student mentor on 1300 552 869 or email email@example.com.